Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lily Bee

I had the pleasure of creating CHA projects for  Lily Bee with two of the soon to be released new collections: Christmas Cheer and Persnickety.  
Christmas Cheer makes me think of classic Christmas. Classic colors. Classic images. I actually like working with holiday lines this early. Gets me excited for the months ahead! The word "believe" is sprayed with a shimmery mist. Hard to tell in the photo, but it gave the tone-on-tone effect a fun twist and wintery look. 
 I turned the triangle banner stickers into Christmas trees.
Again with the vellum, here as snowflakes. I'm addicted. 
Persnickety seemed to have some exciting buzz around CHA and rightfully so! Love the color palette in this line, how the pink is offset with navy and then of course, the orange ;) 
I gathered the triange banner stickers into a funky circle and stitched a loose circle in the center. I think it's fun to use products in different ways. Banner so don't have to stay banners!
  The patterns in Persnickety are very "in"....zig zag, hexagons, but also classic doily shapes and the ever versatile polka dot. 
                                           
The cool thing is..these lines should be arriving toward the end of the month, so not too long to wait! 


The Studio Calico giveaway is still open below. I will draw a winner and post on Monday. Thank you all for your comments. I read and appreciate every.single.one. And it looks like several of you would like a video tutorial on creating the watercolor background! I will get that up next week as well :) 


And with that, I am off for a fun weekend adventure...I get to hang out with Lisa, Becky and Jennifer! I've got my Starbucks and Harry Potter audiobooks (although I have my doubts, so many of you suggested to listen to them!) ready for the road trip. I'm sure my instagram feed (my user name is lexibridges) will be filled with the weekend shenanigans ;) 


Happy Thursday! 





6 comments:

  1. I love these lines and your layouts are fabulous! Such a creative way to use the triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute work! And...a girl's weekend? I'm very jealous!!! Have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the projects! I want the Persnickety collection looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous lexi! have a great time on your trip :) look forward to seeing LOTS of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Christmas layouts. Make me so HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.