Wednesday, July 30, 2014

art books for homeschool

I mentioned yesterday I am in the throws of setting up our schoolroom and ordering curriculum for the coming year. One thing I don't have to think much on is the art portion. We all three love anything art or crafty related. I dug out a few of the books I've had for awhile, but never really had lots of extra time for, and then we added in three more. Will we get through all 5? No way. We will have fun trying? Absolutely :) I can't pick a favorite, but I was super pumped over the 50 cent nature craft book. It was a fun thrift store find.  It is divided into seasons and I think has some ideas we might want to try to create as Christmas gifts. And of course, there is my overflowing pinterest board of crafts. As my 6 year old little guy said, "can we just do craft school this year?" That boy...speaking my language.

5 comments:

  1. Sky Color and The Dot are great books to encourage art too. not technique persay but just trying and doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!! My 7 yr old isn't so into arts and crafts. He is a history buff and loves science. He was really upset that they didn't do much science this past school year. They sure did spend a lot of time on government though. Not completely thrilled with that one. So I bought some science books recently for things we can do on our own. And to feed his love of history, we started reading books about Lincoln and the Civil War (his favorite topics) the beginning of last school year. This boy is quite the reader. :) I love it. This summer we drove down to Springfield, IL and took him to Lincoln's museum, house and tomb. Then we spent a week in Nashville visiting battlefields and other historical places, along with the Opry and other fun Nashville sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your picks. I am trying to plan too. It's not happening...help! I just found your blog/IG feed. Hey! Love what you're doing here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the art lab one, but for grown-ups. And I love it. I might pick up the "kids" one because I like how they teach things to kids. In the end, I'm just a kid, who grew up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so neat that your 6 yr old wants to do craft school. Ben, not so much. He is into science and history. And Legos. It is all about Legos at our house. He will take that over art any day. LOL Ought to be interesting in our first year of homeschooling. I do like your idea of having them review and answer questions if they want the frisbee tossed. I was telling my hubby what you were reviewing and he was blown away by the topics, wondering how old your boys are. So where do you live? Hopefully, not anywhere where you get the cold like we do. Cabin fever sets in real early in this house! It is not uncommon to get snow in October now, where it was unheard of when I was a kid, umpteen years ago. Thank you for the encouraging comment on Instagram!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.