Thursday, August 28, 2014

Studio Calico September reveal


Poet Society is up! This kit was such a great mix of colors and products. Anytime I see navy blue in the mix I know it's going to be good. It had the same vibe for me that Copper Mountain had...and I really loved that kit.
First up, main kit only layouts. I didn't have a main kit alpha this month so I got to play around with the fun Maggie alpha stamp set. I used it to stamp with watercolors and loved the results. There is a fun piece of patterned paper int eh main that I cut apart ad created this weird triangle things with. The polkadot piece under the photo came from an envelope that I cut apart. It shows up in the next layout as well. I love deconstructing pieces in a kit to use them how I want and to get more mileage from them.
This photo. Sigh. It's just one of those that I want to scrap a few more times. Is that strange? It is just his personality frozen at this age in this moment in time. I love it. I took the rad blue tag from the main kit and featured it here as a mask. I laid it down six different places and sprayed over it with various Mister Huey colors. Super simple. Wiped it down and it was ready to be used on another layout. Like I mentioned above, I love getting double duty from my scrapbooking products. It's a great way to stretch a kit!
These next three layouts are a combo, but each one is mainly just ONE add on kit. This layout uses mainly the Whitman add-on and has a funky, graphic, edgy type vibe. I was digging the orange, grey, b/w combo and that silkscreen---so awesome. Hope to see more in future kits. (and yes, it's reusable!)
I am sick of hoarding good stuff to use later and these next two layouts are kinda evidence of that. I implored a use.all.the.tags.and.pretties philosophy. This layout combines pretties from the Alcott add on, including that rad stamp set. I loved adding it in and layering it over paper in the kit. The background--it is pieced together because I originally messed up. But it works. Sometimes mistakes are awesome.
This last layout uses mainly Dickinson and is tag crazy. Normally I would save a tags back for a different project, but why? Because by the time I get to that "other project" I have either A. lost the tag or embellishment I was saving for it or B. I have another kit coming and the focused gets shifted to that month's projects. No more! Use all the tags! Here is the layout where, once I wiped off the mist from the spray ink on the wood tag, I ran some yarn through it to create the "xo". I love an oversized alpha and those gold letters are awesome.
So there you have it--September's gallery is in the books. You can see details shots of these layouts, as well as the ARE YOU KIDDING ME awesome layouts from the other creative team members here in the gallery.A few more goodies to check out on the SC site: 6 new Color Theory inks! There is a bundling deal going on if you are a subscriber--check your dashboard.

And this cactus stamp set. Cactuses (or Cacti) are all the rage and rightfully so. But this stamp set. I mean. I've kept a cactus alive since MAY, which is like a record for me. I need to document that amazement with this stamp set.

And with all this fun scrapbooking goodness...I wanna go scrap all the things! But homeschooling is calling :) Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.